Inky Moose On Facebook

Find me on Facebook where you can get inspiration, class updates and other crafty goodness!

Friday, June 4, 2010

Adding Pizzazz with Pastels


Ok, I have to get one thing straight before I begin ... where I come from, we don't call these little cubes of colour, Pastels, we call them chalk. Isn't it funny how something the same can have different names depending on where you come from!

For my upcoming class I wanted to showcase an often overlooked SU! product. I'll be demonstrating some of the many wonderful things that can be done with pastels. They are a fantastic way to get all of Stampin' Up!'s colour range, at a very reasonable price.
For each project I use pastels in a different way.


The butterfly card - I stamped my image with Versa Mark then used a dauber and pastel to colour. I love this technique as it reminds me of developing a film in the dark room and the feeling you get when your image starts to appear. I have used a glassine envelope to place a little message on the front of the card.


The card with the criss cross background uses pastels to colour plain white paper to come up with your own unique Designer Series paper (something I love to do). I love the contrast of the light pastel with the striking rich black.


The last project is the ever-so-sweet gift box with matching card. Isn't it just adorable. Here I have used my pastels with a blender pen to pick up colour. With 48 colours in the pastel set you are never short of having a rainbow of colour on hand.
So if you'd like to learn how to create these beauties or want to learn to get the most out of the humble chalk (opps sorry, pastel), then register for my class. Cost $15.

1 comments :

Carol Matthews said...

What a sweet set! Wish I could attend!

Post a Comment